BattleTech Extended 3025-3061 1.9.3.7

I’m getting this error when I try and follow the install instructions. Anyone have any ideas?

CRITICAL (cacherepo :updateRepo :340 ) Traceback (most recent call last):
CRITICAL (cacherepo :updateRepo :340 ) File “libCabPatch\cacherepo.py”, line 336, in updateRepo
CRITICAL (cacherepo :updateRepo :340 ) File “shutil.py”, line 248, in copy
CRITICAL (cacherepo :updateRepo :340 ) File “shutil.py”, line 122, in copyfile
CRITICAL (cacherepo :updateRepo :340 ) File “shutil.py”, line 79, in copyfileobj
CRITICAL (cacherepo :updateRepo :340 ) OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument
CRITICAL (cacherepo :updateRepo :340 )
ERROR (cabrepo :updateRepo :131 ) Failed to update CAB!

Any installation issues are usually caused by not installing the CAB in the right place, discord is the best place to get support, this thread isn’t being used for support.
If you are getting an error installing the CAB then you need to ask the CAB mod people.

1.9.3.4 uploaded

IMPORTANT: If you are planning to use a save from 1.9.3.0 onwards then check if you have the following 'Mechs in your 'Mech bay and put them in to storage and save before updating:
Daishi / Dire Wolf C, Daishi / Dire Wolf S, Anvil 5M.
Also check if they are in the Skirmish mech bay saved with new builds or in a lance and delete them custom designs.
Fixed SLDF LBX 10 ++ Weapon mode switching
Fixed a few minor 'Mech issues.

1.9.3.5 released
IMPORTANT: If you are not doing a clean install, copying over the top of a 1.9.3.0+ install then delete the /.modtek/ and the /ModTek/ folders inside your /Mods/ folder first and pay attention to what to do for 1.9.3.4 if updating version previous to that.
Added the Stone Rhino as a rare Clan Mech spawn
Fixed the Javelin 11-A hard points
Fixed the spawning of a handful of Mechs that couldn’t spawn and would be rerolled previously including several late timeline Clan Mechs
Updated to the latest Mission Control, 1.4.0, check out the release notes here: Release v1.4.0
Reduced the Comstar related missions difficulty due to 6 'Mech lance spawns working with the new Mission Control
Other minor fixes

IMPORTANT, the Bigger Drops patch has been updated for 1.9.3.5, redownload and use the latest version.

1.9.3.6 Released
IMPORTANT: Note the things you need to do from 1.9.3.5 and 1.9.3.4 if you are updating from previous to those versions
Added more variants of the Stone Rhino from ilClan volume 2 - thanks to Hounfor for the help
Updated Mission Control to fix a potential infinite load issue.
Minor fixes

1.9.3.7 released
Rolled back the modtek version. Changes in merge priorities were causing not immediately evident issues, such as weapons not correctly modified by the mod. For now the safest move is to roll back rather than go through to try to correct all the potential implications.
Delete the /.modtek/ and /ModTek/ folders before updating.

I am getting this error message as well, were you able to resolve it?

I try to download the mod but it ends up not downloading and cacelling itself. Can anyone help?

Hi there. After buying Battletech at last Steam sale and completing the vanilla campaign, for the career mode I decided to try this mod, as it seemed more accessible than Roguetech. I started a career on simulation+, made a stupid mistake in my second mission costing me my Mongoose and decided to start over. Albeit I’m pretty sure I selected simulation+ again however I am not seeing the warnings about the special components being hit and destroyed. Is there a way to make sure I am actually playing in simulation+ mode? Should I start over again?

Just go to the difficulty settings. You can switch that difficulty mid campaign/career.

If not on Steam, you need to create a “mods” folder in your base game folder (the one with the .exe in it) and add everything (except the CAB files) there. Then add CAB to the base game folder (or anywhere else, as long as its NOT the mods folder).

This is a great mod and I really enjoy it above and beyond that of BTA or RT, both of which are overly complicated and seem to just mash a bunch of stuff together with no concern for lore or playability as far as stories are concerned.

That being said, is there any plan to expand BEX to include more Clan-centric playing and the Clan homeworlds? Continue the timeline into the Civil War, Jihad, and Dark Age/Republic? Create a changing map similar to BTA or RT?

Where is the ATM ammo? Clan

Long time ago in an earlier version of the mod, I could salvage ATM ammo but not any more.
just a heads up

are there any quick edits i can make to a json somewhere to add back in ammo explosions and reduce engines to 3 crits?

DUDE! (I can say that… I just had my 66th birthday on the day before Mothers Day) so, rock’n I have modded BEX to hell and gone and gotten everything to wo play nice with each other (just plugged DejaVu into it today… the AI needed some love … and some better mech builds … after what I did to it yesterday in the Solaris 7 light mechs Competition… It was ugly… no fight went more than 5 rounds. Utterly vicious! SO here what I have installed … BattletechPerformanceFix
BetterAI
BetterHUD
BetterLOS
BetterRandomStart
BiggerDrops
BTAdditionalDificultyOptions
BTHospitalFix
BTSimpleMechAssembly
BTXStartDate
BTX_CAC_Compatibility
BT_Extended
BT_Extended_3050
BT_Extended_CE
BT_Extended_Clans
BT_Extended_EngineSize
BT_Extended_FPLore
BT_Extended_JJs
BT_Extended_Plus
BT_Extended_Quirks
BT_Extended_Quirks_Plus
BT_Extended_Timeline
CAB-3025
CAB-Clan Mech
CAB-CU
CAB-IS Mech
CAB-Maps
CAB-Misc
CAB-Tank
CBaQ-X
cFixes
CommanderPortraitLoader
CPLHelper
CustomActivatableEquipment
CustomAmmoCategories
CustomComponents
CustomLocalization
CustomLocalSettings
CustomPrewarm
CustomUnits
CustomVoices
DejaVu
DontShootTheDead
DropCostPerMech
ExtendedConversations
FellOffACargoShip
filename.txt
fps_TheBigDealBEXCE
fp_Arano Restoration
fp_betrayalAtHelmBEXCE
fp_birthOfALegendBEXCE
fp_falconsFuryBEXCE
fp_fightingGhostsBEXCE
fp_King Of the Urbies
fp_secondTryBEXCE
fp_TheRaid
fp_tukayyidBEXCE
FullXotlTables
Give_me_Death
Give_them_Kell
IRBTModUtils
IRTweaks
ISM3025
JK_Events
JK_Pilots
JK_SUCKos
LogoReplacement
LootMagnet
MechAffinity
MissionControl
ModTek
MonthlyTechandMoraleAdjustment
More3025Mechs
MoveFaster
My_Pilots
NavigationComputer
NewEmblems
OnePointArmorAdjustment
PanicSystem
PermanentEvasion
PilotHealthPopup
Pilot_Fatigue
Pilot_Quirks
RepairBays
Retrainer
SkipIntro
Solaris7BEX
SpecialEquipmentInStores
StabilePiloting
SurvivableArms
Timeline
Tomorrow’s Tech Today
VXI_FlashpointShift

took all week to get everything to load and play nice with each other and had to do quite a bit of tweaking and editting but I just wanted to give a big thank you for your work. BTW, “more3025Mechs” is SLDF Royals and some of my custom whack job versions of the Sandman. The mechs are from all over and a compilation several dozen folks work whic I had to go over to make it all work anyway. I’m not posting anything publicly on my modded mod as are really don’t have time to spend documenting and asking permission on bent knee’s to people my grand childrens age! (1st great grand kid due in about two months!) and I have my own views on how much actual legal rights modders have to a necessarily derivative work that they cannot legally sell anyway. The whole point of a copyrite is to keep folks from making money off what you create… but if you can’t make money off what you create… well…not to be an ass about it, but I’m not only going to be one, I’m am an OLD one. I only ego stroke folks that are chill about it. But I do try to be polite and civil about it.

Now let me get onto that ego stroking… ya know, the GOOD STUFF!

Your mod totally ROCKS! Very nice job man, very nice!

And if this all sound vagely familiar, it should! You know me from the Hyades Rim Discord (TL_Warlord_Roff)

((I am running modtek 4.0.0 as that version is absolutly needed for some of the sub mods… hopefully nothing will break because if it does… I’ll have to fix it. That what happens when you wander off map to the area maked “Here be Dragons”))

I’m a big fan of this mod and would first like to thank everyone for their great work.

Is it planned that a new version comes???

I ask this because there are many new versions of the part mods used.

For example:
++++++++
ModTek-v4.1.0 ( Injectors must not be run manually, that is now done by the ModTekPreloader automatically during the games startup.)

LootMagnet 8.0.0 (need new ModTek version 3.0+)
MissionControl-v1.5.2
IRBTModUtils-v2.0.0
DropCostPerMech-v4.1
IRTweaks-v2.2.8
BTSimpleMechAssembly-v1.2.2
PanicSystem-v4.2.0.4

Mostly fixed bugs, but also added new great features…

best regards

which ModTek version do you suggest?

This contradicts the install inductions:

Download the Community Asset Bundle Installer and run it.

Your “Install Target” will be your …BATTLETECH\Mods folder.
Your “Checkout workspace” should be located on the same harddrive.
Click “Update CAB”

What ended up working for me is to either set the community asset installer to “Legacy CABs” as installation mode, or manually download the two following two CABs and put them into the /mods folder:

1 Like