Billboard Camps by bethjunkie

The Capital Wasteland is a land filled with mutated beasts and ruthless opportunists. It’s
such a danger zone that most residents barricade themselves behind gates and bridges with 24
hour security. Everyone in their right mind lives in Rivet City, Megaton or Tenpenny Tower.

Where’s the fun in that?

Introducing Billboard Camps! That’s right, this mod adds camps and small settlements to five
billboards across the Capital Wasteland. Yes, I said billboard. Ever wanted to go way up there
and practice your sniping skills? Now you can! Explode heads from a mile away, do some trading,
rest your head for the night, you can do it all (mostly) safe from the horrors that roam the
ground.

Be warned: some of the camps won’t welcome you with open arms.

Features:

*Fast travel enabled map markers OR alternate version with map markers that will be enabled once you discover the camps on your own (big thanks to Riven1978 for making the change for me until I’m at my pc again).
*Safe non-respawning storage containers
*Stuff to scavenge
*Two traders
*Beds to sleep in
*A fun mini fight every three days (default vanilla respawn time) in one location
*One small abandoned camp free for the taking and ready to be moved into

REQUIRES THE PITT DLC

Install

1. Copy the .esp file to (install folder)\Fallout 3\Data\
  2. Start Fallout Launcher, click ‘Data Files’, place a checkmark beside the .esp file.

Uninstall

1. Start Fallout Launcher, click Data Files, uncheck the .esp file.
  2. Delete the .esp file from \Fallout 3\Data\

Known Issues or Bugs

Companions don’t always follow the player onto the platforms. They may pop in beside you when
you get up there on one visit and they may run around the ground like dummies on the next.
Waiting for an hour should move them to you.

History

1.0 - 2012/05/28 - Initial release.

Contact

You can find me on ModsInExile as ‘Bethjunkie’

Permissions and Credits

Please do not reupload Billboard Camps in full or in part to other websites including but not limited to Nexusmods.
Under no circumstances is any part of Billboard Camps allowed to be used as or included in paid mods, mod packs or paywalled mods.

Thanks to Bethesda for making my favorite game ever.
Thanks to my friends for putting up with the avalanche of screens I send their way while
modding.
Thanks to ModsInExile for giving us a place to share our mods and ideas.
Thanks to LHammonds for the nifty ReadMe Generator.
Thanks to God for creating us all.

Use only one file!

Billboard Camps - MapMarkers Revealed-17703-1-0.zip (275.3 KB)
OR
Billboard Camps - Explorers Edition-17703-1-0.7z (223.2 KB)

1 Like

ooooooohh i need to try these :face_with_monocle: