The Big Deal Add-On for BattleTech Extended 3025-3061

TBD has been updated to temporary patch 1.4.7. Nothing too fancy, everything fancy will be in 1.5, here is a list of current changes:
– In the WW episode, minor text edits were made to missions 2A and 1B, as well as to the starting conversation;
– In the MMRNR episode, mission 3A was changed, now Morgen and I have the same skill stats in the battle as when hired, the stats themselves have also been changed. Both tanks have been removed. Also made minor changes to conversation 4A;
– All FPs main files have been updated, a minor fix related to star systems;
– A bug has been fixed for all Spectors, their interface should now be displayed above them in battle, and not hang around somewhere nearby;
– Updated mod.json for CAC-C in the corresponding version;
– The CAC-C version also got a fix from the CAC-C itself for one of the star systems, which led to starmap failures during timeline changes;
– Updated SLRoyal Xotl table since new LAMs were added to CAC-C;
– Among the parts of LosTech 'Mechs that you can find in stores or FP crates, you may now find PXH-1B parts.

Just reinstall TBD as usual: delete the old version and put all of the folders of the new one in Mods.

TBD has been updated to version 1.4.7b. In version 1.4.7 there was a critical error related to the starmap, I apologize. Reinstall the mod as usual.

There have been reports that Win10 Defender has discovered Trojans in the cache of downloaded RARs. I didn’t find it there with the same defender with today’s updates, but all the ldownload links were updated just in case, and both versions 1.4.7b were repacked in ZIP.
Starting to think this version is cursed.

Another critical error was discovered, so TBD has been updated to version 1.4.7C. At the same time, all the folders were repacked from rar to zip – I mean, everything in general, not only the mod itself.
We’re waiting for 1.4.7D, I guess?
I express special thanks to Paulobrito for finding errors and Kierk for the solution.

And here comes 1.4.7.D. Fixed a bug with an excessive number of rewards in the WW episode.

And here is version 1.5. Here’s what’s new:
– A new flashpoint campaign, you can start it in Cadiz (DC), where the first episode appears from time to time. It’s not nearly as big as TBD, but you’ll still find tons of references, conversations, mini-bosses, and great loot. The campaign is designed for the early game phases: it will be quite difficult for a medium-light company, more or less ok for a medium company, for heavy 'Mechs it should be easy. TIME FOR SPITE AND VIOLENCE!
– Two new 'Mechs: Crab CRB-27sl and a new unique 'Mech that you can get as a reward for the campaign.
– A new Ronin you can hire. Or not hire, who knows but you?
– 5 new events, including one random one.
– 4 new logos for your company.
– Added new text descriptions for conversations in the campaign.
– TBD now uses the Extended Conversations mod. CWolf’s permission has been received.

Technical changes:
– The way of adding new factions and ammunition to the Rail Gun has been changed especially for Warenwolf (aka MRB). Now the BEX source files are not overwritten; instead, the corresponding code is “injected” through ModTek.
– The “Ruins” tag for all planets on the star map has finally been fixed, and this now works not only for a new career, but also for current saves. Many thanks to mcb for the scripts for this.
– Star systems are no longer overwritten during installation (except for Inner End, there was a typo that can only be corrected manually through overwriting).
– One new condition has been added to the “Oldtimer” event; now, in order to purchase Warhammer 6Rk from Bob Kurita, you will need to complete at least the first episode of the new campaign in any way. All previous launch conditions are also still in place.
– Slightly increased the chance of triggering the Crafty Hands event.
– Slightly changed Yang’s thoughts for Phoenix 4R.
– Fixed a typo in the list of rewards for the WW episode, branch B.
– Updated Xotl tables for SLRoyal.
– All custom tanks in flashpoints have had their tags slightly adjusted.
– The General you fight in the BS episode has been remade. No changes to the loadout, just a fix.
– Added a loader for the artillery turret in the TBD episode in the CAC-C version.
– Updated mod.json in the CAC-C version.
– Updated patch for compatibility with Solaris 7.
– Updated data for manual entry.
– The emergency zip has been updated in case new flashpoints break.
– In the flashpoint The Opportunist, the starting tag is disabled. This means that you can still play TBD, it’s just that this flashpoint will not respawn constantly, but after a while if you have other flashpoints.

I would like to express my gratitude to mcb, MRB and Kierk for technical assistance, Keivar for the general idea, Holda-volk for the work on fine-tuning the portraits, Lullbaby of me for the face of the main antagonist, and I would especially like to say thanks to Perry Chalmers for proofreading 33 pages of texts for the new campaign. And, of course, to everyone whom I might have forgotten to mention, but who in one way or another contributed to the release of TBD 1.5. You’re all cool and wonderful, you know?

If you are using the Solaris 7 mod, then before installing version 1.5, be sure to delete the Extended Conversations folder in your Mods – TBD 1.5 now uses this mod too, but a newer version.

ATTENTION: While version 1.5 is still save compatible and should run pretty well on the current BEX installation, I would still recommend doing a clean install due to changes to the star map and factions. Let me remind you that it’s not necessary to delete CAB when reinstalling all your mods, only BEX and other mods.

Well, two years since release, and it’s time for patch 1.5.1, but first, two important and not the best news.
First: unfortunately, you will have to install a new CAB for TBD 1.5.1 to work correctly. BEX version 1.9.3.7 didn’t support it, but this was fixed in the patch. With an outdated CAB or installed in the Legacy mode, you will NOT be able to complete TBD campaign; a new version of CAB is required. On the bright side, you’ll now be able to use all the new models being added to CAB.
Second: for no apparent reason, GitHub tells me to go to hell – I can’t log in there and I can’t even contact their technical support, because I don’t receive any damn verification codes. This means that as of April 14, 2024, GitHub is no longer the source of actual versions of TBD – well, at least until I can get there, and I have no idea when that will happen. What can I say – I hate verification codes.
Now here’s what’s new:
– Flashpoint “Spite and Violence” has an increased chance of spawning at the request of players. Perhaps it’s now even too high, so further adjustments are not excluded.
– Assault and almost all heavy 'Mechs except 60-ton ones have been removed from the possible rewards of “Spite and Violence”, but you can still get their parts as a reward in the FP crate. On the other hand, the list of light, medium and heavy 60-ton 'Mechs in possible rewards for this FP has been expanded.
– Replaced the unit icon for the Battle Budgies to make them look a little less wacky.
– I’ve been waiting for this for 2.5 years since the start of development of the Black Sabbath FP and it’s finally happened: Hammerhands got its own model, and it looks amazing. Thanks Shade for a great job done. The icon has also been replaced, and Hammerhands now finally uses its own affinity instead of the one shared with BattleAxe.
– In the Black Sabbath FP, Whistler now drives a modified Hammerhands instead of a JagerMech, as was originally intended during development.
– In the same episode, the first conversation was slightly edited, because Dieter and Yang could not help but react to a 'Mech like this.
– All Exterminators finally use their own model instead of the rescaled Assassin. Icons and affinities have also been updated. Thanks to Kierk for providing the files for this.
– Added model 4C Exterminator to both versions, the one that has the Null Signature System and Chameleon LPS. Used by WoB and ComStar. Thanks again to Kierk for providing the files.
– Added 5 new logos for your gang of mechwarriors.
– Added a patch from Kierk for compatibility of BEX with the new version of CAB.
– Updated Xotl table for SLRoyal.
– Updated data for manual entry.

Reinstall TBD in the usual way: delete the old folder and place the new one in your Mods directory. Don’t forget to add patches for Solaris or medical equipment after reinstallation if you need them.

I apologize, but in version 1.5.1 2 files were missing that are responsible for interaction with the new CAB. Mod updated to version 1.5.2, files returned, reinstall it as usual.

There was a typo in the new 'Mech for Whistler. The mod has been updated to version 1.5.2b, but if you have already updated to 1.5.2, you can simply drop this replacement file into the Mods\fps_TheBigDealBEXCE\chassis directory instead of full reinstall.
chassisdef_hammerhands_HMH-3D_WHI.json (5.4 KB)